Monday, July 22, 2013

Finished Colette Ginger

Going in chronological order since I last blogged, I should begin with my first trip to Urban Craft Uprising at Seattle Center.  I've been hearing about it for years, first oddly enough from my husband, but last Sunday was the first time I ever went.  I got online to look up the hours and noticed an advert for swag bags for the first 100 people.  Free craft items from indie craft vendors?!  Of course I'm in!  The craft fair opened at 11, but online it said people line up as early as 8:00.  So, what time did we get up on a Sunday so we could hop a ferry to Seattle...wait for it...5am to make the 6:10a.m. ferry!  My husband thought we were crazy, but that's part of the fun.  My friend Jen and I went together.  Thankfully her husband gave us a lift to the ferry.
Knitting time while waiting in line at Urban Craft Uprising.
Grammy is still here and we took C for her 2nd big girl haircut last week.  I just love the fancy braids they do!  She'll sit still as an angel for someone else, but it's all squirmy and whiny when mommy tries something like this.




Western Washington is enjoying fantastically nice weather, and G and I made it to a Seattle Sounders soccer game on Saturday.  The mornings have been starting off with some marine fog, but consistently clearing out to full sun by lunchtime.
And finally, I FINISHED a pattern this morning.  The Colette Ginger skirt.  It's been cut and partially sewn for several weeks.  I thought I had to wait for an invisible zipper foot to arrive, but I instead found a nice tutorial for putting in my first invisible zipper with a regular zipper foot.  The skirt turned out a tad large, but I think it's because I'm still losing baby weight and I lost a little bit more while waiting for zipper insertion.  It's also a test run of this pattern for me, so not the end of the world.  Still very wearable.  I've got some flat photos, but will have to wait until I have a shower and am out of my jammies for a modeled shot!

Up close, small flowery print.

First invisible zip seems pretty invisible.

Her "guts".
Pattern: Colette Ginger, plain wasteband
Fabric:  hmmm...a mostly cotton woven with a little stretch in it?
Size: I'll have to run upstairs and look later.
Mods: shortened it by about 3 inches.  Finished length is 19".

Modelled shots to come.

Gonna try for a closer fit next time.

No comments:

Post a Comment